Welcome to the website for Death Penalty Alternatives for Arizona. We’re a statewide, grassroots organization that’s dedicated to eliminating the death penalty in Arizona and promoting awareness of the problems with capital punishment.
The annual meeting of Death Penalty Alternatives for Arizona took place January 21st at Arizona State University’s Beus Center for Law and Society, 111 E Taylor St, Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event was free and open to the public.
Guest speakers were attorneys Lori Voepel and Michael D. Kimerer and their client Debra Milke. Ms. Voepel was Debra Milke’s appellate attorney from 2001 through 2013, when she finally won her federal habeas appeal in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Voepel then served as co-counsel with Mr. Kimerer for Ms. Milke in re-trial proceedings, until successfully petitioning the Arizona Court of Appeals for dismissal of Ms. Milke’s case with prejudice in 2015. Please click here for more information.
Email List, News & Events, and More
- To sign up for Death Penalty Alternatives for Arizona news and events, please use the email signup form on the right side of the page, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can visit our News & Events page for the latest events, announcements, and newsletters
- We rely on donations, so please contribute!
- Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- You can always reach us at email@example.com.