The 18th Annual World Against the Death Penalty Day falls on Saturday, October 10, 2020.
Here are some ideas for organizing (courtesy of World Coalition Against the Death Penalty)
1. Organize a demonstration.
2. Organize a gathering on a videoconference platform. It can take the shape of a webinar, remote workshop, conversation, a public debate or even a virtual film screening to create awareness.
3. Coordinate a letter/email writing campaign.
4. Participate in a TV show or with a community radio station.
5. Organize an art exhibition (of artwork made by people sentenced to death, of photographs of death row, of drawings or posters) or a [virtual] theatre performance.
6. Join the events prepared for the abolition of the death penalty worldwide.
7. Donate to a group working to end the death penalty.
8. Follow the social media campaign on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: use #nodeathpenalty or click here to tweet against capital punishment!
9. Mobilize the media to raise awareness on the issue of the death penalty.
10. Participate in “Cities Against the Death Penalty/Cities for Life” on 30 November 2020.