Hon. Stanley Feldman: Arizona death penalty beyond repair
- What: Hon. Stanley Feldman, speaking at Death Penalty Alternatives for Arizona quarterly meeting
- When: Saturday, April 8, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: Monterey Court, 505 W. Miracle Mile, Tucson
- How much: Free and open to the public
- More information: (602) 357-4848
Former Arizona Supreme Court Chief Justice Stanley Feldman is the featured speaker at the quarterly meeting of Death Penalty Alternatives for Arizona. The program, which will feature dignitaries including the Hon. Ron Barber and Rep. David Bradley (D-Tucson), will begin at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, April 8, at Monterey Court, 505 W. Miracle Mile.
Feldman served as an Arizona Supreme Court justice for 21 years, from 1982–2002, including a five-year term as chief justice (1992–1996). As chief justice, he was active in the National Center for State Courts and the Conference of Chief Justices. He retired from the court in 2002 and still practices law at the firm he helped form in 1968, Miller, Pitt, Feldman & McAnally.
Feldman has said the capital punishment system is broken beyond repair. Feldman, who sits on the Advisory Board of Death Penalty Alternatives for Arizona, would rather see offenders sentenced to life instead of death.